http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21376597/
This story talks about how Comcast is deliberately blocking P2P file sharing online. Of course Comcast is totally pulling the denial card but it does not surprise me. I am sure Comcast as well as other Internet Service Providers are afraid that if people continue to file share on their lines that backlashes like the recent $222,000 decision in Minnesota will fall back on them. Even though this has not happened yet, I would not be surprised if something like that does occur in the near future.
Now the question is, what can we do about it? Well, for one thing, if you do P2P file sharing, and you see a story like this your first reaction would probably be, "well, maybe being Comcastic is not for me anymore!" For others, this may be the swift kick in the butt that they need to quit illegally downloading files. Now I've said in this blog that I might have been guilty in the past of downloading illegal material, generally music that I could not get. Stuff like rare live music that someone taped while at a concert or other songs that were essentially "B-sides" (If you do not know what B-side refers to, then that just another way that I feel real old, genrally on records all the good songs were on an A-side of the record while the not so known hits were on the B-side, thus B-side term refers to lesser known songs by bands).
Well, hopefully, Comcast "fixes" the problem, even though I condone in some ways illegal downloading, in other ways I can understand why people do it and can see how some people who get some programs think they are downloading legally but are really not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment